Thursday, July 20, 2006

For Girls Only

"I just want a guy to take care of me", or "I want to be taken care of and not have to worry".

These two phrases are very popular amongst the female population, at least the ones I know.
However, I cringe every time I hear a girl say that, especially when they claim to be Christians.
If God is the God that we say him to be, then why in the world are we wanting to be taken care of?

Aren't we already taken care of?

I know that I had to fight against this very issue, and become a more independent person. I've been single for my entire three years of college thus far and I had to learn to take care of myself. I have very good guy and girl friends that look out for me in case anything happens. I have no need for a boyfriend with bodyguard capabilities. Besides, that's not the function of a man in my life.

Why is it that women think they need a caretaker? Can't we use our own heads and hands and figure stuff out? And for the decision making options, isn't God the source of infinate wisdom?
I do understand that girls sometimes have to wrestle with becoming more independent, simply because I was one of them. However, let's not use a cop out and claim that we need to be taken care of.

We already are and we have no reason to doubt it.

No comments: